Class Teacher: Dr Miquel
Teaching Assistants: Mrs P. (Maths) and Miss Flowers (English)
End of Spring Term news
For the past few weeks, Year 5 have been busy studying:
- persuasive writing and poetry in English
- fractions in Maths
- materials in Science
- the damage we cause to our world in Topic
They have written very persuasive texts on 'Why are the oceans important?'. They have investigated many materials properties including absorbency for an Astro-nappy as part of Science week.
Recently, the children haven't been 'set' a weekly homework, instead I have uploaded:
- recommended books list ->I would like the children to read at least one title from the Year4 or Year5 list every month and record it in their reading records with a book review. Most titles are available in school or at the Central library.
- spelling lists -> children should work on the appropriate list at home. Hard copies of the lists are available, just let me know if you would like one.
- maths -> use booklet to carry out some activities at home, use the link to roll the times tables, use wild maths to explore Maths at home; keep checking times tables for instant recall.
Many thanks for your continuous support,