Welcome to Reception!
Class teacher: Mrs Rachel Volland
TAs: Mrs Jeanette Jephson and
Miss Alicia Bruce (pm)
PPA: Mrs Paula Ray
Welcome to the Reception Class pages. I hope all the information on here helps you support your child as they learn at home. Please do remember that you can keep in touch with me through Tapestry and upload pictures of what you have done, this will all be kept on your child's learning journal for you to have at the end of the year. I will also enjoy seeing what you have been up to! If there are any problems in accessing Tapestry, just email me and I'll sort it out for you.
Here are some ideas for play at home which creates learning opportunities for your child.
- Make some playdough. Please see the recipe below.
- Cooking your favourite recipes or try something new. BBC Good Food website has lots of easy recipes for children.
- Use old packaging to make models. Save any boxes, lids or bottles which can become anything at all!
- Water play. Fill the bath, sink or an old tub and provide a mixture of bottles and jugs. Make predictions about how long it will take to fill something, notice which container holds the most liquid.
- Build a den inside or out. Use any old sheets or blankets to create a cosy hideaway- a great place to share a story.
- If possible, go for a walk. Notice what you can see, hear, smell or touch. Make a collection. Make a drawing or collage.
- Go on a treasure hunt, inside or outside. Choose to find things beginning with a certain letter, or a particular colour or an alphabetical set of objects.
- Write a card to someone and post it. Hopefully someone will write back.
- Keep a diary of all the wonderful things you are doing.
- Sing songs, ask your child to teach you some of the songs and poems we learn at school. Maybe learn a new one. Add some actions.
- Perhaps most importantly read stories together, this will instill a love of reading in your child and it's just a lovely thing to do together!
Here is a link to the BBC teach website which has lots of songs and rhymes- old and new!
There are lots of great ideas and resources on the Twinkl website. This has been made freely available to parents. You can sign up and use the offer code PARENTSTWINKLHELPS
Resources and activity ideas have been created in age groups.